Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ask Five with....Myla Jackson!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today we have the chance to meet one of the Allure Authors...Myla Jackson! Steamy, sensual and one of the hottest writers around! Myla is fun to chat with and willing to share her writing knowledge with aspiring authors. Her latest story is part of the Alluring Tales anthology. You can view the RRTE review here. It was recently chosen as the book readers most wanted here on the RRT Blog.

Come meet...Myla Jackson!


1. What is the title of your latest release and what’s it about?

Alluring Tales - Awaken the Fantasy is a collection of short stories by the Allure Authors. They're sexy, fun and great for bed time stories if you like a little spice before bed. My story in the book is about a vampire-fighting Houston cop who needs to evacuate the city due to a coming hurricane. When he discovers his sexy neighbor hasn't left, he spends the night weathering the storm with her only to find she's a woman with a tendency to bite.

2. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?

I brainstorm with my sister, Delilah Devlin, and I find ideas in strange places like on the news, in magazines, triggered by other shows, books and twists on fairy tales.

3. What advice can you give aspiring authors?

Persist! If you really want to write, you can't stop after writing your first chapter or your first novel. You can't stop when you get your first rejection. So the first one didn't sell, I had 7 written before I sold one. I've had many rejections before I sold and many more since. Grow a tough skin and keep trying!

4. Which authors have influenced you over the years, whether for their writing or for their friendship?

Mostly my sister, Delilah Devlin. We started writing at the same time as a challenge and we haven't stopped since. We love to brainstorm ideas and dream about our next book with each other. She's my inspiration and task master when I get lazy. I love her, but don't tell her that. She'll get a big head.

5. What’s coming up in the near future for you?

In June 07 - Wild, Wild Women of the West is collection of historical western erotic stories by authors Myla Jackson (me), Delilah Devlin and Layla Chase. They're fun, sexy and worth a trip to the book store.



Thank you, Myla!

To learn more about Myla, you can visit her website at MylaJackson.com or hop on over to the AllureAuthors.com site.

2 comments:

Mimmi said...

Oh, Myla~~I LOVED Alluring Tales, and your story was great!!
All the authors in this anthology were chosen well, and every story in it was Awesome!!

readingissomuchfun said...

Hello Myla,

Sorry I had missed you. I just got a copy of Alluring Tales and I can't wait to read it :-)

Great ask five Patti & Myla loved your answers.

Happy St. Patrick's Day To All!

Hugssss
Linda.H.